Thursday, January 3, 2008

What I learned in 2007

I was in an unusually reflective mood last night, and felt the need to write down what I learned in (or around, in one case) this past year. Here are 10 of them.

1. Things can (and most likely will) get worse.


2. Athena is probably the one girl that will always be glad to see me.
3. How to pee while holding a 400mm lens.


4. My family has become an increasingly important part of my life.
5. School work needs to become increasingly important in my life.


6. Never, ever, ever get in a fight with this man.
7. Every photographer I meet is more talented than I am.


8. Even if you never show them to anybody, self portraits are a lot of fun.
9. How to drive stick shift.
10. Despite everything, I must be doing something right, because I have a great group of friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a talented photog and with some time and experience you'll be kicking ass and taking names. Happy New Year.

Bob Al-Greene said...

I think technically you learned to drive stick shift in 2008.

Liz said...

I think it's just a natural thing that every photog thinks every other photog's work is better than theirs. This is true, because I honestly believe that your pictures kick my pictures' asses. Gute neues jahre!

Vanessa Skocz said...

I don't know if I can successfully pee while holding a 400mm so props to you.

Here's to Kosovo in 2008!