Saturday, May 31, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
I am just a blog updating machine.
On week two I learned...
1. ...all the words to the Tom Tom Club's "Genius of Love"
2. ...what a baccalauraete is.
3. ...the largest kite in the world is about the size of a football field.
4. ...Russian women are gorgeous.
5. ...don't ever insinuate that someone from Sparks, NV is from Reno.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
COPYRIGHT RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
Spent a few hours in the drizzle (they call it rain here) today, and this was the best I got.
This is what we refer to in the business as a "might as well never pick up a camera and get a desk job" shot, also known as an "almost".
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
If I remember to, I'm going to try and post five things I've learned after each week at the RGJ. (For those of you not cool enough to use slang like me, that stands for the Reno Gazette-Journal.)
So, here's week one. I have learned...
1. ...how to interact with middle-aged drunk men who tell me how to do my job and call me a "turkey".
2. ...ninety-nine cent Arizona iced teas are a good substitute for breakfast (or lunch or dinner).
3. ...I would rather photograph a difficult person than an easy-going plate of food any day.
4. ...the good coffee at the office costs a dollar.
5. ...to always put on too much sunscreen.
IMAGE COPYRIGHT - RENO GAZETTE JOURNAL
First breaking news assignment this summer. Went on a wild goose chase around Reno trying to find a man who had called police saying he had killed his wife and kids and at least three random people as he drove around town. Allegedly, the man claimed he had ten cats who were telling him to kill. Read the story here.
On a related note, I need a police scanner for my car. (Christmas is only seven months away...)